The Institute of Computer Science is located in two buildings located nearby, at ul. Sienkiewicza 51 and ul. 3 Maja 54. There are nine computer labs, a typhlloinformatics studio and a multimedia studio. In the Institute building there is a permanent gallery of photographs located on individual storeys of the building at ul. Sienkiewicza 51 and in the foyer.
Currently, students of the Institute of Computer Science have at their disposal the latest virtualization environment. Classes are based on the infrastructure of the virtualization and management environment Microsoft System Center. It allows you to create, manage and monitor heterogeneous Hyper-V virtual machines. Virtual machines can be opened by the user's system using the remote desktop all the time while performing their calculations on the server. Thanks to this, it is possible to run many virtual systems on the client station to perform much more advanced didactic activities than it was possible on PCs. Access to the virtual system is possible for computers located in the institute network, as well as you can connect to it from an external computer network by authorized users. Virtualized systems have Windows Server 2010 R2 operating systems installed and they operate in the Windows domain.
Currently, the virtual environment consists of the following servers:
- Two Dell R430 servers equipped with two Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 2.4 GHz processors (2 x 8 cores, 2 x 16 threads) each and 256 GB of DDR4 memory;
- Two Fujitsu RX300 S7 servers equipped with two processors Intel Xeon E5-2600 family and 192 GB of DDR4 operating memory;
- Dell MD3420 disk array equipped with 24 SAS disks with a capacity of 600 GB each.
Laboratory rooms are equipped with, among others, PC class computer systems with the following parameters:
Computer Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9700 (8 cores/12MB/8 threads/from 3,0GHz to 4,8GHz/65W)
- Memory: 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) DDR4 2666 MHz
- Disk: 256GB SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe Class 40
- Monitor Dell P2219H
Each computer station located in the laboratory rooms is equipped with the Windows 10 operating system and additionally with the Microsoft Office software and has access to the virtual environment infrastructure.
The Institute of Computer Science has a number of specialized software for the implementation of didactic classes, including:
- Oracle database systems, SQL Server, Postgres, mySQL,
- Adobe Creative Suite graphics software and AutoCAD family software,
- programming environments: MS Visual Studio, IDEA IntelliJ, Spring Tool Suite, Sparx Enterprise Architect,
- environment for MATLAB simulation and scientific calculations,
- ERP software: SAP SE,
- additional virtualization software: VMWare and VirtualBox.